ever since we found out Alice was on the way, we’ve known that our days in our house were numbered. I think we could stay in our 2 bedrooms for a while still, but as the kids get older (and possibly increase in number) we would need to find more room. I figured in a year or 2 (or even 3) we’d start keeping an eye out, but Michelle likes to keep an eye out at all times.
so we heard about a house in the neighborhood, and the folks need to move soon. I could go on about the details, but the bottom line is that we think it would be a good house for us for the long term. so Michelle started getting all excited about it, and I started getting a little queasy. I’m not big on big changes (you’d think I’d be used to it by now, with 2 babies and a new job all within the last 2 years). anyway, nothing is really set yet, but a lot of the details seem to be falling into place as we think and pray and think and think some more about it all. I’m still in wait-and-see mode right now, but Michelle is just about to start packing.
the biggest missing piece so far would be selling our house. the sellers need to move quickly, so if this craziness was to work out, we’d need to sell our place soon. so: if you or someone you know would like a nice historic 2 bed/1 bath house with a newly fixed up porch, recently remodeled kitchen, fenced-in yard perfect for dogs and kids, in the middle of historic St. Elmo (with GREAT neighbors, which we will be very sad to leave)…let me know. please also pray that we’ll be open to what God has for us, whether or not all of this comes to pass.