My parents returned this weekend to knock out the rest of the major work on the porch. Check out the pictures here. As you can see, the railing and the gate are all done! Woohoo! We (me and mom) also prepped and primed the walls, so that's almost done. And today I finished the electrical work, and it all worked on the first try! Double woohoo! I shocked myself only one time, and it's all working great, which is always a relief. I installed the first fan and light kit too.
But of course there still remains a good bit to finish up. Hopefully Ty can find time to remake the missing column for us. There's also a little repair work on the floor to do, and then finish priming the floor. There's other priming and lots of painting to be done of course, as well as most of the trim and the paneling above the original siding. The new railing needs staining, and I'm sure I'm forgetting other details. Hopefully I'll find time on the weekends to knock out these minor projects so it will be all done before too long. But if not, it's very functional and (almost) safe right now. Hooray!